|Downriver's Nest Adult Day Health Care is a planned program of activities designed to promote well-being through social and health related services. The program operates during daytime hours, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm, in a safe, supportive, cheerful environment. We are located in Taylor MI, the heart of the downriver community. Downriver's Nest is committed to the highest quality of service delivery in a reliable and person centered fashion.
The intent of Downriver's Nest Adult Day Healthcare is primarily two-fold:
- To provide adults an opportunity to get out of the house and receive both mental and social stimulation.
- To give caregivers a much-needed break in which to attend to personal needs, or simply rest and relax.
Good candidates for adult day care are:
- Those who can benefit from the friendship and functional assistance a day center offers.
- Individuals who may be physically or cognitively challenged.
- Seniors in the early stages of Alzheimer's.
- Anyone who should not be left at home alone.
- Individuals who are mentally challenged and need consistent stimulation to enhance stabilization of illness.
- Developmentally disabled individuals who can benefit from developing skills that can enhance their coping abilities.